Friday, March 22, 2013

War is Heck!

Hello Ladies,
Well, I decided it was time to take control and quit making excuses.  I'm doing this all to myself, so it's time to say "No more!!"  On Wednesday I started the 3-Day Military Diet.  Yes, I saw it on Pinterest.  I also looked at some other blogs where people did try it.  The food was all something I would eat and easy to get and prepare.  It's actually super simple to follow.  Here's what I ate on Wed:

Breakfast- 1/2 pink grapefruit, 1 slice whole wheat toast, 2 tbs peanut butter
Lunch - 1/2 cup tuna on 1 slice whole wheat toast
Dinner - 3 ounces turkey, 1 cup green beans, 1/2 banana, 1 small apple, and 1 cup Breyer's vanilla ice cream

I weighed myself Thursday morning and lost 1-1/2 pounds!  Yay!  It was not too bad getting through the day.  Was a little hungry waiting for dinner, but not bad.  There is NO snacking.  I exercised for 1/2 hour on the balance ball doing boxing (since I am still in the boot).

Here's what I ate on Thursday:

Breakfast- 1 egg fried in Pam and put on 1 slice whole wheat toast and 1/2 banana
Lunch - 1 cup cottage cheese, 1 hard-boiled egg, and 5 saltine crackers
Dinner - 2 all beef hot dogs, 1 cup broccoli, 1/2 cup carrots, 1/2 banana, and 1/2 cup vanilla ice cream

I weighed myself Friday morning and have lost a total of 3 pounds!  I have to admit I was hungry all day.  Lunch was boring and not very tasty.  By mid-afternoon I was so exhausted I had to take a nap (but I figured it kept me from eating).  At 9:00 PM I cheated and ate one chocolate chip cookie.  I exercised for 1/2 hour like the day before.

So far today (Friday), here's what I have eaten:

Breakfast - 5 saltine crackers, 1 slice cheddar cheese, and 1 small apple
Lunch-1 hard-boiled egg and 1 slice of toast (I sliced the egg onto the toast)
Dinner - 1/2 cup tuna, 1/2 cup cottage cheese, 1 cup broccoli, and 1 cup vanilla ice cram

It was supposed to be 1 cup tuna, but who can eat that much dry tuna?  Yuck, so I substituted 1/2 cup with cottage cheese (similar in nutritional makeup).  I also added the broccoli because I was STARVING!  Tough day, have hunger headache.  I also cheated around 3:00 PM and had 1 chocolate chip cookie (Dang Covel for making a batch on Thursday while I was trying this diet).  I also ate about 6 baby carrots at lunch.  So I have cheated, but not too bad.  I can be sooo much worse :)  I was really tired all day, but made myself stay awake.  Keeping busy is the best antidote for this diet I think.  I found some videos online for chair cardio exercises which were actually pretty good so I did 1/2 hour of those (see my Fit Inside and Out Board on Pinterest).

Also, I've drunk at least 10 glasses of water every day during these three days (anything to try to keep my stomach full with something!).  I pee all night, which maybe why I'm so tired as well as the lack of calories.  This is between 850 and 1100 calories per day. 

I will weigh myself in the morning and see what happens.  The idea of this diet is to do it for 3 days, take off 4, and then do it again.  We'll see if the weight stays off.  I may try it again with a few modifications.  I think adding more vegetables would be a good thing.  I hope this will kickstart my metabolism and I need to make sure to exercise every day, even if it's only for 1/2 hour.  I'm thrilled to have lost 3 pounds so far because I haven't been able to do that for a long time.  I'll post what my final weight loss is tomorrow.

2 comments:

  1. I sounds like starvation!(I eat SO much right now that everything sounds like starvation). I'm proud of you for doing SOMETHING as that's become quite difficult for me. Everything to do becomes so overwhelming. You are inspiring me and I'm using Deb's guru tricks trying to get into good habits:scripture reading, breakfast, water, time carved out for family. Little by little. I feel like you often, I deserve that cookie! Or I think, I have so much to do and I don't drink or smoke or sleep around, so can't I just enjoy eating!
    Love you gals. So much. Thanks for always being my cheerleaders.
    -Mel

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes,I am hungry, but I figured if I can't stick with something for 3 days...well, you know. I wasn't perfect, but I didn't cheat badly either. Mel, you are in a life of flux right now with your work schedule always changing and you are still getting used to working. It takes a long time to adjust after a big change. Your life is very stressful, as is yours, Deb. But there comes a time when we have to start looking out for ourselves. If my broken foot has taught me anything, it's that no one is going to look out for me. I've had to look at how I view food (re: treats) because even though I enjoy yummy treats, they are HURTING me and only I can stop that hurt. So I'm trying to have no more excuses. Will I fail some days? Sure, but it's okay because I'm not perfect, but in the end I do want to feel better.

      Delete